An inspired #Geocache loving couple looking to grow our brand with our family. #KeepersOfTheCacheFlo is our #Geocaching Name because when we started playing this game we found many damaged or soiled geocaches in the local area and started, naturally, to repair them to “Keep the Caches FLOwing” as it were. We now offer our adventures to you through many forms of social media and “@CacheFloKeepers” is the username you can find us with most everywhere!
Our adventure has been a long and tumultuous from eager noobies to... noobies.. with the closing of 2017 we achieved our lifetime total finds of 200 Caches (28/200 on December 31st). The year was also riddled with personal struggles from injury to illness, moving and so much more, that hindered our aspirations of #SassCaches shop “AlbertaCacheFloShop”, and that was just October - December.
With 2018 off to a slow but busy start we are looking to welcome our 5th Geocacher to the family very soon as #TheCacheBump (who is a boy) is set to arrive near February 11th. Personal life continues to test our vigil for wanting to have started the shop and we hope we can count on our followers’ support in reaching goals for the year. This year we are looking to start hiding some of our own geocaches, starting with “It takes a village...” and a couple other traditionals aimed at bringing geocaching families of our local area (and those driving through) to smaller community parks hidden around town. The modern age has taken “service” industry to a whole level, so be sure to let us know in the comments on any of our media the ideas you may have to help us serve you better!
Geocaching in Alberta? Use #ABCache with pride!
Updates and Changes across the web:
● AlbertaCacheFloShop: Our shop is being changed to better fit our needs, so please message us on Facebook or Email us if you would like to make an order from ShopGeocaching or LandSharkz as we do distribute for both companies! Due to this transition we will be unable to complete any credit card transactions, sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. It is in our plans to create some "Meet the Keepers" events in other communities in Alberta this year to help spread the word of our shop beyond our local area. As part of our learnings from the first quarter of running our shop we have had to make some changes to our sales procedures:
● Facebook: We deleted the linked group (Albertan Geocaching) from our Facebook page as it had failed to achieve our hopes and goals during its trial run. This is not to say it was the group or its membership that was an issue, we simply could not give it the time it required.
● YouTube: Did you know that we moved our channel prior to the end of last year? 2017 was quite the learning curve for us, but we hope that you have enjoyed our videos! Bloopers and outtakes are now being featured on most of our newer videos? Let us know what you think of them in the comments or on the videos themselves and whether or not they are something you would like to see more of or if they are something you would prefer to see go. Our YouTube Vlog is currently updated every TWO WEEKS (starting January 24, 2018), and MONTHLY uploads for our Keepers' Kitchen segment (starting January 25, 2018). Future plans include videos of our own hides, creative caches as well as events we host and attend; an updated schedule will be announced once those start to happen.
● Google+: Our least used platform, continues to be so, though we will continue to promote new videos here we have no short term plans for expansion.
● Pinterest: As we get to making some more interesting cache containers we will be posting photos here that will tie back to how-to-videos on the YouTube channel. Promotion of new shop products will be done via Pins and Facebook
● Instagram: Photo highlights of our misadventures will continue to be posted here, Instagram has always been a natural outlet for our time spent Geocaching and will continue to be so as we move forward.
● Twitter: Due to connectivity restrictions less "on the go" postings will be coming via Twitter, replaced by regular and scheduled updates (Blogs, Vlogs, Events). Interactions with fellow Geocachers will continue on this platform, so feel free to tweet at us!
Currently bearded for glory, and wishing you some Happy Caching!
The team that makes up the Keepers is an inspired young couple looking to grow their brand with their family. Check Here for More about us!